There are some crazy important happenings coming this week. There’s the new moon and solar eclipse both on Tuesday (go here to find out when the moon will be fully new for your location). The new moon is the perfect time to set new intentions and spend some time figuring out what you would like to bring into your life. This could be reinforcing present circumstances in your life or completely setting a new path. We are nearing the end of our time in the underworld. Spring is nearly upon us for those in the northern hemisphere and it is almost time for us to plant the seeds of the plans that we cultivated over the winter. If you haven’t made your plans you don’t worry there is still time!
In fact this new moon/solar eclipse is the perfect time to prepare for the Spring Equinox. If all you have is even 5 minutes here’s a quick guide to prepare for the change in seasons.
- Take a couple of deep clearing breaths. I take about 10 full breaths (inhale/exhale for 5 seconds 10x’s)
- Divide a sheet of paper into 4 areas by drawing a line down the center of the page both horizontally and vertically.
- Title each quadrant with an area that you would like to set some intentions for. I like to use material/financial, spiritual, relationships, and health. Use whichever categories work best for you.
- Write out 1-3 intentions for each area. Remember that your intentions can be as general or specific as you like.
- When you’re ready to move from general intentions to specifics using SMART (Specific Measurable Attainable Realistic Timely) principles makes it easier to achieve your goals. If you aren’t familiar with SMART goal setting there are tons of free resources available through a quick Google search.
Have fun intention setting!