Balance is everything as we see with the ascendant and mars in the 1st house in Taurus, the Midheaven in the 10th, Pluto and Saturn in the 9th house all in Capricorn. Pisces is stepping into the spotlight in the 11th house with the Sun, Moon and Neptune. The effects of this new moon will be externally driven. Our spiritual families and beliefs take center stage. How we relate to each other Intense dreams which expose our deepest desires, fears, and even connect us to our nonphysical spirit guides and ancestors. This is a great time to explore dream analysis and magic. There are messages and information available to us from the broader nonphysical world that we can access when we are open to receiving that knowledge. A wonderful way to support this energy would be through a consistent night time ritual. Here’s a couple of ways to get you started.
Pisces Dream Ritual
- Gather your materials: incense, candles, tea, journal or notebook, writing utensil, comfortable space to conduct the ritual.
- Clean and clear your space and body using your favorite space cleansing method such as smoke clearing, singing bowl, or chanting. This is not only to clear the energy of the space but to put you into the ritual mental space.
- Now commence with your ritual. Traditionally you would cleanse your physical form in a bath or shower next but as this is Pisces season your interaction with water/liquids can be a central part of your ritual. Here’s what I suggest:
Depending on where you would like to hold your ritual, first set up your sacred space with by lighting your candle/s and incense. Then set up your tea or drink and a representation of earth. If you’re wanting to nurture yourself, you can use your dinner for your representation of earth. After you’ve blessed the food you can then literally consume your intentions making them a part of your physical form.
Now, call in your ancestors, spirit guides, and the directions. Ask for them to protect you and guide you during your ritual. Then acknowledge your illuminated and shadow self. Each play a role in helping to explore this life.
Place your hands over the tea or drink and food asking that the energy align with your body and spirit as you explore the depths of the unconscious. To bring through clear images of your path and desires. To show you your spirit family and highlight the work that you will be doing. Know that you might have a dream that is frightening. This might bring up your fears of what and who you can be. Your dreams might also include folks who you can’t stand or have drama with. Evaluate what is happening in the dream, how you felt during each part, and any symbols that stood out to you. Now consume your food and drink. When you are complete release and give thanks to your ancestors, guides and directions. You’ll find the final bedtime ritual at the end of this post.
Bath or Shower Ritual
- First clean your tub, shower, and bathroom.
- Then use herbs, oils, sea salt, Epsom salt (be mindful of your blood pressure) to create a spiritual bath or shower.
- Place your hands over the water or play your preferred spiritual instrument over the water to set the tone and energy of the water.
- While in the bath or shower take 3 deep breaths and picture the water flowing over your body cleansing you of any negative spirits, energy, or thoughts.
Next, find a comfortable position and take deep breaths letting the air flow in through your nose and then breath out through your mouth. Let your attention focus on your breath. Air is life. Water is life. Earth is life. Fire is Life. Each of the elements come together creating a physical world for us to live and grow. As you flow deeper into your meditation allow yourself to focus on the element that seems prominent for you. This could be the water you are currently in, the air you are breathing, the earthy weight of your body, or the fire of the heated water. Let any messages or visions come to you at this time. Remain in this state as long as you like.
Once you feel complete, beginning with your toes gently begin to move your body. This will help to ground you back in your physical form. Give thanks to your ancestors, guides, and directions for their protection and insight. Then release the water and proceed with washing your body off to remove any energy left over from your meditation.
You can continue this work by setting intentions before you go to sleep for wisdom to be delivered to you in your dreams. Leave a pen and pad or some way to document any dreams that you may have. There will be lots of knowledge shared through the dream state this new moon which can provide insight into your personal topics of interest for the new astrological new year.